A SUMMER OF FUN IN NATURE FOR 21 YEARS!
A Chattahoochee Nature Center tradition since 1993, Camp Kingfisher has provided an unforgettable and fun camp experience to thousands of children and young adults. Think part traditional outdoor camp and part hands-on nature education; and you have a taste of Camp Kingfisher. We want all campers to have FUN in the outdoors, discover their connection to nature, and build strong character along the way.
Get a sneak peek into the fun
at Camp Kingfisher
“A True Outdoor Nature-Camp”
It’s what summer should be! Outdoor adventuring and learning abounds on CNC’s 127 incredible acres during the summer. We hike, swim, see wildlife, canoe, investigate, craft, experiment, and more. Activities and themes encourage personal growth, teamwork, and environmental stewardship in campers.
“Caring, Enthusiastic Counselors”
Counselors make camp great! Staff at Camp Kingfisher are passionate about childcare, the outdoors, and camp’s mission. The staff community consists of around 45 counselors, canoe instructors, lifeguards, and camp area specialists every summer.
Summer Camp 2014 Registration is Open! Register today to reserve your spot! Summer sessions run from May 27 through August 8. Both one and two week sessions are available.
NEW This Summer!
- GROW Camp- Connect with the land! Harvest veggies, study plants, compost with worms, and collect chicken eggs in CNC’s beautiful Kaiser Permenente Unity Garden. Enjoy classic Camp Kingfisher activities in the afternoon like canoeing and swimming. Sign up for the specialty GROW Camp on our general registration page. Call Tim Reidy, camp director, at (770) 992-2055 ext. 232 for more information
- GROW GHO- June 16-27, 2014 (rising 6th and 7th graders)
- GROW BDO- June 30-July 3 (rising 4th and 5th graders)
- PLUS Sessions for GHO and TP Ages- The week of June 30-July 3 may be added as a 1st or 3rd week addition to two-week Great Horned Owl (rising 6th and 7th graders) or Travel Program (rising 8th and 9th graders) sessions. Look forward to some special programming for each age group during PLUS weeks.
- Travel Program Offsite Overnights- Campers will cook a rustic dinner, roast marshmallows, and camp in a Georgia State Park during the camper overnight.