Winter Break Camp
Winter Break Camp 2017-18: Kindergarten- 7th Grade
Registration Opens: Thursday, November 2, 2017
“I send my kids to Camp Kingfisher because they learn about nature, and they get to smell it, and touch it, and roll around in it… and after 6 years, my girls still want to come back!”
Pam C, Camp Parent
3 and 4 day Winter Break Camp experiences are packed FULL of live animal encounters, outdoor games, educational hikes, HOT chocolate breaks, and sometimes cool hands-on science activities. One highlight every year is the Starlab, a mini-observatory perfectly suited for the changing seasons. The time inside the Starlab feels like a night under the stars in the mountains. FREE extended care included from 8-9am and 4-6:15pm each day.
Specialty camp this winter for BDO & GHO’s (current 4th – 7th graders)- Survival Camp. Learn to build the perfect campfire, tie knots, and construct the best shelter to shield yourself from the cold winter.
Registration Opens: November 2nd at 10 am
Session 1: December 27–29 (Wednesday – Friday; Fulton and Cobb County)
- See registration form for pricing
Session 2: January 2 – 5 (Tuesday – Friday; Fulton County) or January 2 – 3 (Tuesday – Wednesday; Cobb County)
Option 1: Online Payment and Camper Information Form (NEW)
Online registration will be available for camp families to make an immediate, secure payment. After you have finished this process you will need to fill out the Camper Information form in order for your registration to be complete. To register online, click the link below.
Please Note: Online registration uses abbreviations for camper’s age groups. Please check the following abbreviations to find your camper’s age group.
- ESO – Eastern Screech Owls (Current Kindergarten and Grade 1)
- BNO- Barn Owls (Current Grades 2 & 3)
- BDO- Barred Owls (Current Grades 4 & 5)
- GHO- Great Horned Owls (Current Grades 6 & 7)
Please note: The price shown online for each session will be the non-member camper rate. All members should use the coupon code MEMBER at checkout to receive your member discount. You must have a current CNC membership at the Family Level or higher at the time your camp session to receive the member rate.
Option 2: Mail, fax, or drop off in person
Click on the link below to download and print out a registration form. Fill it out by hand and submit it to us by email, mail, fax, or person. When we receive your form, we will call you for your credit card information.
Registration Form Email Address: email@example.com
Chattahoochee Nature Center
Attn: Camp Kingfisher
9135 Willeo Road
Roswell, GA 30075
You will receive confirmation that we have received your registration form. If you do you not get a confirmation phone call or email, we did not get your form. Please try sending it again.
Please send emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information call us at 770-992-2055 ext. 222.
- Campers currently enrolled in Kindergarten – 7th grades.
- Our youngest eligible campers must have turned 5 prior to September 1, 2018
There is no fee for extended care.
- Full Day: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Extended Care (free of charge) 8:00 am – 9:00 am & 4:00 pm – 6:15 pm
Cancellation/Refunds/Changes/Sick Days Policy
- Cancellations and Refunds: Cancellation requests must be made in writing or by e-mail no later than December 8, 2017, midnight. Any cancellations before this time will result in a 20% cancellation fee. Any cancellations made after December 8, 2017 at midnight will result in no refund. Please allow 7 -10 business days for credit card refunds & 4-6 weeks for checks.
- Changes: A $20 administration fee will be charged for each change (excluding cancellations) you make to your original purchase.
- If illness causes a child to miss 2 consecutive days of camp in a 3-day session or 3 consecutive days in a 4-day session during the same week, you may make up the days in a later camp in 2018. All make up days must be used by the end of 2018. You will be required to purchase the remaining days needed for a complete session at a prorated cost. A doctor’s note is required for makeup days.