Come and explore the Chattahoochee Nature Center with your class for a fun-filled educational experience your students won’t soon forget. Educational programming is offered at the CNC Monday through Friday throughout the year. Programs are conducted rain or shine, with equivalent programming indoors in case of inclement weather. Please dress appropriately to be outdoors.
Why Program with the Chattahoochee Nature Center?
- Meet Classroom Standards in A Fun and Engaging Way! All of our School Programs are correlated with GPS standards across STEAM and our hands-on activities enhance science concepts for students.
- Our highly trained naturalists are Certified Interpretive Guides! They use interpretive techniques developed by the National Association of Interpretation to engage all audiences and ensure learning for everyone!
- Program Variety! Your school can visit us at CNC for an onsite program, or we can come out to you with an outreach program. Whether you are looking for a preschool program for your small group or intensive field studies for high school students, we have it all!
- Our Wildlife! Most school programs include an Animal Encounter with one of our Georgia native non-releasable wild animals. It’s an unforgettable experience for students, parents, and teachers!
- Hands on Learning! Research shows that students who experience science concepts in a hands-on manner increase their level of achievement. Our naturalists encourage students to explore and inquire!
- Build A Strong Relationship with Our Local Environment! The National Science Foundation values environment-based education for the positive effect it can have on learning, and its impact on student performance in the following areas:
- impacts on science learning
- improvements in integrated learning
- improved language arts and reading
- improved thinking and motivation
- equalizing of academic progress across groups
- improved student attitudes and behavior
- Great Resources! Be sure to download a Teacher Guide (pre-visit and post-visit activities) for your program from our education website. Your students will get more out of their experience with preparation and follow up using resources found in the guide.
- Scholarships Available! Thanks to generous community sponsors, your school could be eligible for Scholarship Funding.
- Extension Programs! Check out one of our three “Traveling Trunks” for up to three weeks at your school. The Skunk Trunk, Bats Incredible Trunk, and Our Shared Forests Trunk are packed with activities and curriculum for pre-K to 6th grade. They are great additions to any lesson plans or family science night events.
- Great Feedback! Check out what teachers are saying about our School Programs!
- Teacher Pre-visit information to help plan your onsite program before your visit and day of your program.