CNC offers programs for Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts of all ages! Take part in one of our 1½ hour programs where scouts can earn Achievements, Electives, and Badges. Each program will involve the scouts in hands-on activities in the outdoors and will include a visit with one of our non-releasable animals.
Need assistance funding your nature experience? In memory of Will Alexander, CNC has a scholarship fund for Cub and Boy Scouts to help provide scout programs to those who need financial assistance. Please let us know when you are booking a program if you would like to utilize this fund.
Tiger Requirements and Electives
Bear Requirements and Electives
Boy Scout Merit Badges
Wolf Requirements and Electives
Webelos/AOL Requirements and Electives
2016 Cub Scout Overnights
Eagle Scout Award & Honorary Awards
All CNC programs strictly adhere to the badge guidelines as outlined in the official BSA badge requirements.
Planning Your Program
Monday- Friday from 3:30 – 5:00 PM
Saturday: from 10:00 – 11:30 AM, 12:30 – 2:00 PM, 3:00 – 4:30 PM
Sunday from 1:00 – 2:30 PM and 3:30 – 5:00 PM
- $120 per program which includes 12 Participants, (children or adults), fee due at booking.
- Additional participants (children or adults) are $10.00 each (with a MAXIMUM OF 20 participants) and are paid for on the day of the program. This includes any siblings ages 3 and up that participate.
- Book Monday – Friday at the 3:30pm slot and save $20 off your program. Please note – you will not be able to access the Discovery Center or Grounds before or after your program due to start time.
- Exceeding the Maximum Number of Scouts and Adults:
- In order to provide the highest quality experience for your scouts, we limit the number of participants for the program. Additional participants over the maximum of 20 will be charged at $25 per participant.
- All CNC programs strictly adhere to the badge guidelines as outlined in the official scout handbooks. The CNC education staff will attempt to complete as many requirements as possible for each badge. In some cases, your group’s punctuality and cooperation may dictate how many of the requirements will need to be completed at home.
- Badge programs not listed may be available with the approval of the Scout Coordinator. Please Email – firstname.lastname@example.org or call (770) 992-2055 ext. 249. A customization fee may be required.
- Everyone should arrive 10-15 minutes before your starting time so that the program may begin promptly as scheduled. Unless otherwise instructed, please meet your at the Scheduling Office Porch.
- Please note that CNC closes at 5 PM.
- If you are planning to have a snack prior to your program please be sure to allow enough time to eat, clean up and be ready to meet your naturalist in the plaza 10 minutes before your scheduled time. Picnic areas are available on a first come, first served basis.
- All programs are rain or shine. If it is raining, please bring rain gear. Every attempt will be made to go on the hike. If not, indoor activities will be provided to complete the badge requirements.
- The scout badge is not included and is not available to purchase at the CNC. You may purchase a CNC patch for a discounted price on the day of your program in our Nature Store. You will receive a coupon from your Scout Naturalist.
More questions? Email our scheduling office or call 770-992-2055 ext. 237.