CNC offers programs for Girl Scouts of all ages! Take part in one of our 1½ hour programs where scouts can earn Petals, Try-Its, or Badges. Each program will involve the scouts in hands-on activities in the outdoors and will include a visit with one of our non-releasable animals! Or take part in one our Brownie and Junior night-time experiences! We will work on some Badge components and we will experience nature at night and under the stars.
Junior Badges and Journeys
Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards
Brownie Badges and Journeys
All CNC programs strictly adhere to the badge guidelines as outlined in the official GSUSA badge requirements.
Planning Your Program
Monday- Friday from 3:30 – 5:00 PM
Saturday: from 10:00 – 11:30 AM, 12:30 – 2:00 PM, 3:00 – 4:30 PM
Sunday from 1:00 – 2:30 PM and 3:30 – 5:00 PM
- $120 per program which includes 12 Participants, fee due at booking.
- Additional participants are $10.00 each (with a MAXIMUM OF 20 participants) and are paid for on the day of the program. This includes any siblings ages 3 and up that participate.
- Book Monday – Friday at the 3:30pm slot and save $20 off your program. Please note – you will not be able to access the Discovery Center or Grounds before or after your program due to start time.
- Exceeding the Maximum Number of Scouts and Adults:
- In order to provide the highest quality experience for your scouts, we limit the number of participants for the program. Additional participants over the maximum of 15 will be charged at $15 per person.
- All CNC programs strictly adhere to the badge guidelines as outlined in the official scout handbooks. The CNC education staff will attempt to complete as many requirements as possible for each badge. In some cases, your group’s punctuality and cooperation may dictate how many of the requirements will need to be completed at home.
- Badge programs not listed may be available with the approval of the Scout Coordinator. Please Email – firstname.lastname@example.org or call (770) 992-2055 ext. 249. A customization fee may be required.
- Everyone should arrive 10-15 minutes before your starting time so that the program may begin promptly as scheduled. Unless otherwise instructed, please meet your at the Scheduling Office Porch.
- Please note that CNC closes at 5 PM.
- If you are planning to have a snack prior to your program please be sure to allow enough time to eat, clean up and be ready to meet your naturalist in the plaza 10 minutes before your scheduled time. Picnic areas are available on a first come, first served basis.
- All programs are rain or shine. If it is raining, please bring rain gear. Every attempt will be made to go on the hike. If not, indoor activities will be provided to complete the badge requirements.
- The scout badge is not included and is not available to purchase at the CNC. You may purchase a CNC patch for a discounted price on the day of your program in our Nature Store. You will receive a coupon from your Scout Naturalist.
Cancellations must be received in writing (fax or e-mail) two weeks prior to the scheduled program date in order to receive a refund minus a $25 processing fee. We are unable to make refunds for cancellations/changes (including date changes) made less than two weeks in advance. You will receive confirmation when we receive your cancellation. If you do not receive confirmation within one business day, we have not received your cancellation. Refunds will be paid by check, please allow 4 – 6 weeks.
More questions? Email Scheduling or call 770-992-2055 ext. 237.