Canoeing 101 at CNC
It’s the season to get on the water and what better way to get prepared then signing up for a Canoeing 101 program! If you are ready to paddle but not sure where to start then this is the perfect experience for you. Join us to discover the basics of canoeing including boat basics (parts of the boat, the correct way to enter and exit, paddling strokes, etc.) and basic safety procedures. Canoe guides will help you learn basic paddling techniques for your time on the water. After instruction with our Canoe Guides, you will have time to enjoy paddling on one of CNC’s ponds in order to practice your new skills.
Canoe Guides are all CPR/First Aid Certified and are experienced paddlers and naturalists. Don’t worry if you are new to canoeing – CNC provides all equipment (canoe, paddles, and personal flotation device (PFDs)) for participants.
This program is suitable for beginning paddlers (ages 5 to adult.)
Availability and Pricing
- Offered: May – September
- 2013 Dates (check back for summer dates)
- May 19 and 26: 12:30 – 2pm
- June 16 and 29: 10 – 11:30am
- July 21: 10 – 11:30am
- August 24: 10 – 11:30am
- $15 General Public/$10 Members (price per person); To receive the member rate you must join at the family level or higher.) Book a third seat in a canoe for ½ off!
- Each Canoe Day can accommodate between 18 – 29 participants
- See CNC Cancellation Policy and Special notes
To provide the best experience, please register a minimum of one week in advance. More Questions about Canoeing or to schedule a space at CNC? Contact our scheduling office (email) or call 770-992-2055 ext. 237.