Earth Day Kids’ Fest
Saturday, April 13, 2013
10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Admission: $10 Adults, $6 Children,
Children 2 and under FREE
Be a Planeteer—Ride your Bike from home to CNC
and get in FREE!
Make Music! Back by popular demand – sing and dance with the award-winning family band, Laughing Pizza. Laughing Pizza performs at 11:30am and 1:30pm (subject to change) at the Ben Brady Lakeside Pavilion. Laughing Pizza is a real family band who write and perform all original pop-music for families. Their music videos can be seen every day in over 18 million homes on PBS stations and TV On-Demand around the country.
Discover local organizations that are helping the planet and find out how you can help! Stop by each member of the Village for fun and exciting hands-on activities especially for kids! Plus find eco-friendly products for your family! Find out who is coming here…
Healthy Kids, Healthy Planet
These two things go hand-in-hand so join us to see how to eat healthy and be active in our Ready, Set, Grow area. We will have an active area where you can play games from the Atlanta Braves, Hawks, and Falcons PLUS canoe on the CNC pond. Kids (and adults) can hike the property and explore the geocaches that reside here (you must have your own GPS device to hunt for the caches.)
Families can also discover the benefits of healthy produce by getting healthly snacks for the day and by completing a scavenger hunt in our Unity Garden.
Billion Acts of Green
What’s your Act of Green? Make your own pledge for the planet! Bring your corks, cell phones, ink cartridges to recycle at the event. and don’t forget to take advantage of recycling on the grounds.
Lots of other Festival Fun!
- Create your own forecast on the Weather Wall with our friends from The Weather Channel!
- Face Painting
- Food for the Family – Enjoy lunch at the festival! We will have The Pup Truck and Nectar Food Truck at the event. Feel free to bring in your own picnic lunch to enjoy on the grounds (no glass or alcohol please)
- Head into our Discovery Center and explore!
- The Nature Exchange will be full of fun for the festival(because of the busy nature of the festival, we won’t be allowing trades to come in but if you have existing points to trade with, our Nature Exchange naturalists can help!)
Last Minute Details
- Please Carpool! There is limited parking in the CNC parking lot. There will also be free shuttle bus service available from St. Francis School near the corner of Willeo/Azalea and Highway 120.
- Please note that there is not an ATM on site. Cash may be needed for some vendors including food
- Please note that pets are not allowed on the CNC grounds.
- If you will be bringing a group with children under the age of 18 to the event and would like to canoe, you will need to bring a signed Liability Waiver with you for each child. Click Here for Liability Waiver
More Festival Fun
- Face Painting
- Explore the River Resource Gallery, Explore Your Watershed Gallery and Nature Exchange in the Discovery Center (please note that due to the busy nature of the festival, incoming trades will not be accepted but if you have points saved, you can trade out!)
Thanks to our Sponsors
HELP US MAKE A SUCCESSFUL FESTIVAL!
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-992-2055 ext. 236.