Welcome to the Nature Exchange!
The Nature Exchange is THE place to indulge your natural curiosity. Thousands of natural objects from around the world are waiting to be discovered and you can even take them home for your special nature collection. Learn how Here
The Nature Exchange is open during regular Chattahoochee Nature Center operating hours and is included with admission. Trading ends at 4:30 pm. CNC members can visit the Nature Exchange for free everyday.
In the Nature Exchange
“I Love Nature” Contest
What to do you love about Nature? Send in your best drawing or poem about why you love nature. All work will be featured in the Nature Exchange’s Tunnel of Love in February and the best drawings and poems will win a lovely prize from the Nature Exchange. Entries due by January 30. Click here for entry form and information.
Animals Under Wraps (January)
- Hibernation Cave: Imagine what it’s like to take a break in our own hibernation cave.
- Mini Scavenger Hunt: What does it take to hibernate? Search the Nature Exchange and find out. Earn points as you search.
- Hibernation, Bromation and Torpor: What animals do each of these? Take a guess and add to our wall of long winter naps.
Love Month (February)
- Travel through the Tunnel-of-Love: Kisses, Hearts and Spiders? Learn all about what Nature Exchange Fans love about nature as you journey through this unique Tunnel of Love.
- Take the Indoor Scavenger Hunt Challenge: Can you find the 10 things we love most about nature? Search high and low in the Nature Exchange in our challenging indoor scavenger hunt.
- Love Bugs: Take home something to love. Make a Love Bug to keep or share with someone you love.
And don’t forget about these fun on-going activities:
Reading Rewards Program
Read your favorite books and earn Nature Exchange points at the same time! Find out how and to download a printable reading log here.
Join us for nature and science classes just for homeschool students. For more information, click here.
Watchable Wildlife Backpacks
More fun, more finds and more nature awaits you when you check out a Watchable Wildlife Backpack. Seven different themes to choose from. Learn more here.
The Nature Exchange is on Facebook
Did you know that the Nature Exchange at the Chattahoochee Nature Center has its own Facebook page? Keep up with what is happening in the Nature Exchange including new cool objects for trade, extra point opportunities and project ideas and more! Like Us Now!
Meet our Nature Exchange Naturalists
Andrew (Sunday through Wednesday)
Andrew started at the Chattahoochee Nature Center as a docent when he was 16 years old. He went out into the world to learn about riparian zones and controlling rain water run-off. He brings his love and ever growing knowledge of nature to the Nature Exchange.
Brian (Wednesday through Saturday)
Middle school teacher, scout leader and camp counselor, father and grandfather- Brian has it all!