What Can YOU Trade?
Nature is the name of the game, so bring in your objects found in nature. These items include:
- pressed plants and flowers
- sea shells
- sea stars and sand dollars
- wasps nests
- spider webs
- animal bones and teeth
- shed snake skin
- insects (non-living)
- And much more!
You can also trade in original projects and research about your found item. Learn more about that here.
When deciding what to trade, please make sure that your objects meet these guidelines:
- Objects must be clean and in good repair.
- If collecting away from home, always make sure that you have permission to collect. The Nature Exchange can not accept items collected from properties that prohibit collecting. This includes National Park Service sites such as the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area.
- Objects may not be collected from Chattahoochee Nature Center property. Besides, we want to know what is in your backyard!
- Please leave live animals where you find them.
- The Nature Exchange can not accept items that are regulated by local, state and federal laws. This includes bird parts, feathers, eggs and nests, endangered plant and animal species, and animals protected under CITES.
- Please limit trades to 3 items per visit.
- Trading ends at 4:30 PM.
CNC Encourages Responsible Collecting
The Chattahoochee Nature Center supports stewardship of the living world and the preservation of biodiversity. We encourage traders to thoughtfully consider the effect of their actions when collecting in and enjoying the natural world. Tread lightly as you go and never take more than what you need.
“When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” Aldo Leopold