Bear Achievements and Electives
Take Care of Your Planet
What resources do we use everyday? What happens to our trash once we throw it away? How do plants keep out planet healthy? Find the answers and plant your own seed to take home in this new program!
Sharing Your World With Wildlife*
What endangered species share our world every day? How can you help them survive? Scouts will discover many aspects of Wildlife Conservation and how the Chattahoochee Nature Center, and they themselves, can play a part in conservation.
Water and Soil Conservation*
Discover two essential elements that make our world possible! Conduct experiments with soil, learn about the importance of erosion and water’s role in it, and find out more about how we can help conserve these vital resources.
*These badges are part of the World Conservation Award.
American Indian Life
Learn about the Native Americans who lived on the banks of the Chattahoochee. How did they acquire their basic needs for survival? Try your hand at building a shelter and play games to reward your hard work.
All CNC programs strictly adhere to the badge guidelines as outlined in the official BSA badge requirements.
Planning Your Program
Monday- Friday from 3:30 – 5:00 PM
Saturday: from 10:00 – 11:30 AM, 12:30 – 2:00 PM, 3:00 – 4:30 PM
Sunday from 1:00 – 2:30 PM and 3:30 – 5:00 PM
- $100 per program which includes 10 scouts and 2 adults.
- Additional scouts are $10.00 each (with a MAXIMUM OF 15) and are paid for on the day of the program. This includes any siblings ages 4 and up that participate.
- Additional adults are $10.00 each (with a MAXIMUM OF 6) and are paid for on the day of program. We require at least 1 supervising adult per 5 children (admitted free.)
- 20% DISCOUNT: Book your program Monday – Friday in our 3:30 – 5:00pm slot and pay $80 per program which includes 10 scouts and 2 adults. Additional scouts and adults are $8 and are paid for on the day of the program. Please note – you will not be able to access the Discovery Center or Grounds before or after your program due to start time.
- Exceeding the Maximum Number of Scouts and Adults:
- In order to provide the highest quality experience for your scouts, we limit the number of scouts and adults for the program. Additional scouts and adults over the maximum of 15 will be charged at $15 per person. Additional adults over the maximum of 6 can also pay general admission of $10 and tour the grounds on their own while the Scouts are in the program. A map will be provided with admission.