Facilities Maintenance Technician
Chattahoochee Nature Center
The Chattahoochee Nature Center has an immediate job opening for a Facilities Maintenance Technician. This is a full-time, nonexempt, onsite position.
The Chattahoochee Nature Center is a not-for-profit environmental organization established in 1976 in Roswell, Georgia. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package, as well as a relaxed work environment.
Job Description – Facilities Maintenance Technician
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is part of the Operations Division and reports directly to the Facilities Manager. This position is responsible for day-to-day maintenance of the Chattahoochee Nature Center’s 127-acre campus under the direction of the Facilities Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Getting the facilities and grounds ready in the morning which can include janitorial work, opening facilities and ensuring CNC is ready to open in a safe manner for visitors.
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance work orders as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
- Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors.
- Complete grounds work as directed by the Facilities Manager which may include trash pickup, blowing of walkways, raking leaves, mowing lawns and emptying outside trash cans.
- Assist with set up and take down of all Nature Center programs, these include educational, community, festivals, road races and rental events.
- Maintain a professional, courteous manner with all visitors, vendors, contractors, volunteers and fellow employees.
- Follow established company policies and those outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Special projects and other responsibilities as determined by the Facilities Manager.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- General knowledge of carpentry, facilities maintenance, plumbing, etc.
- Must process a valid driver’s license.
- Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable in a team environment.
- Ability to work outdoors under varying weather conditions.
- General proficiency in computer and/or web-based applications.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends as required.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
1-3 years of experience in Facilities Maintenance or related field.
Submit a cover letter and resume with the “Facilities Maintenance Technician” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com