Program Coordinator - Camp Kingfisher
Position Title: Program Coordinator
Department: Camp Kingfisher
Classification: Part-time; non-exempt
Reporting to: Camp Co-Directors
The Program Coordinator supports the camp program at Camp Kingfisher, focusing on Environmental Education and Specialty Camps. The Program Coordinator is very hands-on and dynamic with the implementation of Camp’s programming. Camp Kingfisher’s mission is to connect kids with nature and each other. Camp Kingfisher is a full-day environmental education summer camp. The Program Coordinator reports to the Camp Directors. This is a seasonal position with flexibility in schedule and increased hours during the summer months.
- Bachelor’s degree (a degree in outdoor education-related field or natural resources is preferred), or equivalent experience.
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a camp or environmental education facility setting
- Ability to coach, mentor, guide, and lead groups of all ages in an outdoor setting
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented setting
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- MS Office computer skills including Excel, Publisher, and Word
- Willingness and availability to work flexible hours in a variety of capacities (including evening work)
- Current First Aid/CPR certification, course provided
- Willingness to work increased hours during the Camp season, (May-July)
- Willingness to work outdoors in the summer season
- Willingness to obtain training on non-releasable native animals
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License
- Must be able to lift 20+ lbs.
- Development of environmental education (EE) programs and curriculum for Camp Kingfisher.
- Oversee specialty camps, including Survival camp, Art in Nature camp, Grow camp.
- Oversee High School Leadership Training program (LIT).
- Oversee the 4-year-old Owlet program.
- Plan weekly curriculum meetings for counselors to develop schedules and ongoing training in the area of EE including content, checking counselor schedules for conflicts, and coordinating with camp administrative staff and CNC staff.
- Oversee and supervise the seasonal environmental education specialist.
- Handle captive wildlife during large camp programs.
- Assist with the training of camp counselors.
- Assist with the daily teaching of camp programs as needed- Specialty areas included.
- Support the efforts of all staff and volunteers at CNC.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Camp Co-Directors.
This is a seasonal position, with increased hours as Camp Kingfisher prepares for the summer season.
- January- March: 20 hours per week
- April: 30 hours per week
- May- July: 40 hours per week
- August: 10 hours per week
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls will not be accepted. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Job opened until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com