Position Title: Volunteer Specialist
Department: Volunteer Department
Classification: Part-time, non-exempt
Reports to: VP Administration
Would you like to spend time outdoors in a beautiful setting as part of your job and represent Atlanta’s premiere nature destination within the community? The Chattahoochee Nature Center has an opportunity for a Part-time Volunteer Specialist. Reporting to the Vice President of Administration, you will be collaborating with internal and external partners daily to get the word out in metropolitan Atlanta related to the amazing opportunities available to support projects and events at the Nature Center.
Founded in 1976, the Chattahoochee Nature Center (CNC) is a private, nonprofit environmental education/nature facility in Roswell, Georgia. The CNC is located on 127 acres adjacent to the Chattahoochee River and consists of river marsh, freshwater ponds, and wooded uplands.
Job Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Degree in general studies or equivalent experience in an environmental or service-related industry.
- Ability to lead and participate in volunteer projects on CNC’s campus (some weekend and evening hours will be required). Must be willing to work in an outdoor environment for 12 months/year with varying terrain, non-paved woodland paths, near ponds, and the river.
- Capable of developing a recruitment plan to include marketing, interviewing, screening, and placement of potential volunteers (student/corporate/individual).
- Ability to network with and speak to corporate partners/community groups to advance the visibility of CNC’s volunteer program.
- Ability to maintain volunteer management software to ensure data is accurate, including volunteer records and projects.
- Self-starter with ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and set up processes and policies to operationalize the role.
- Keen interest and passion for nature, conservation and wildlife and relationships/contacts within the community highly preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience working with volunteers in the nonprofit sector or other service-related industry.
- Valid Georgia driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- The ability to work weekends and evenings, as necessary.
- Ability to work onsite in both an outdoor and office environment.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and supporting materials to Chattahoochee Nature Center at email@example.com. Include the “Part-time Volunteer Specialist” in the subject line. Phone calls will not be accepted. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. A cover letter, resume, and supporting materials will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org