Certified Interpretive Guide
Are you interested in…
- Connecting minds and hearts to the beauty of nature & the mysteries of history?
- Learning interpretive techniques for communicating with others more effectively?
Become the best interpretive guide you can be by earning Certified Interpretive Guide (CIG) credential with the National Association for Interpretation.
Dates: The Next CIG Workshop will be held Mon – Thurs, February 5th – 8th, 2018
- $380 (includes instructor fee, certification fee, 1 year professional membership, and workbook)
- $355 (includes instructor fee, certification fee, 1 year student membership, and workbook)
- Certification lasts 4 years and can continue for lifetime.
- CIG Course without Certification and Membership
- $230 (inlcudes instructor fee and workbook)
Registration begins this fall: go to www.interpnet.com NAI Certification Calendar
Supplies: Bring your own lunch, water bottle and coffee mug. Snacks & coffee will be provided. Lunch & dinner options available nearby.
Check out our special lodging rates for this class.
*The Instructor, recommends that you purchase and read the book, Personal Interpretation, by Merriman & Brochu. This is an excellent preview and guide to the course.
Description: The Certified Interpretive Guide program is designed for anyone who delivers or would like to deliver interpretive programs to the public. It combines both the theoretical foundations of the profession with practical skills in delivering quality interpretive programming to visitors. The CIG program offers an opportunity to train facilitators in interpretive techniques and acknowledge that training with an internationally recognized certification. The CIG credential has gained recognition and respect by tour and cruise companies, parks, zoos, museums, cultural centers, nature centers, and aquariums around the world. Join in and be part of the growing profession of interpretation. To learn more about the National Association of Interpretation: visit www.interpnet.com/store.
For more information about what you will be learning please click here for class information.
Contact Christie Hill, Instructor: email@example.com / 770-992-2055, ext 252