Do you want a job that challenges you to provide most fun, enriching, and educational camp experience for children? Do you love the outdoors and environmental science?
Counselors at Camp Kingfisher are role models, mentors, leaders, and friends to campers. We hire counselors, canoe instructors, arts & crafts specialists, team building instructors, lifeguards, and teen leadership instructors. We invest in our staff with professional counselor training, team building, and naturalist instruction.
Explore Nature. Build Character. Have Fun
Most counselors have completed a minimum of one year of college and have backgrounds in child care, education and/or natural science. Junior counselors are recent high school graduates who have experience working with children and are pursuing an education in environmental studies or education. Each staff member is carefully interviewed and passes a nation-wide criminal background check. Our seven-day staff training includes experiential workshops, lessons from professionals, First Aid and CPR.
Camp Kingfisher is focused on kids. We are proud of our top-notch camp program; it’s a welcoming and nurturing environment where campers can have fun in the outdoors, discover their connection to nature, and build strong character.
Here is the process you should follow to discover if a summer position is a good fit for you and Camp Kingfisher:
- Get to Know Our Camp and Culture: Scour the website to learn about our mission, our culture, and our programs. Ask friends, neighbors, current, and former staff to see if the camp might fit you. Give the camp director a call and ask any additional questions you may have.
- Read the Job Descriptions: Learn about the unique responsibilities and expectations of each job before you apply. Job descriptions are available for download below.
- Camp Counselor
- Canoe Instruction Specialist
- Canoe Instruction/Leader in Training Specialist
- Junior Camp Counselor
- Arts & Crafts Specialist
- Environmental Education Specialist
- Travel Program Counselor
How to Apply:
Download and print application.
Send application and resume (optional) by email, mail, or fax to:
Fax: (770) 552-0926
attn. Camp Kingfisher
Address: Camp Kingfisher, P.O. Box 769769, Roswell, GA 30076
Email: email@example.com, subject line should contain “Staff Application: Your Name”
Interview: After we receive a complete application and 2-3 references, we may contact you for a 30 minute, in-person interview. Interview instructions can be found on the application.
SUMMER 2017 INFORMATION
Dates: CPR/First Aid/AED: (2) 3-hour courses, Dates and Times TBD
Training: May 17-19 (offsite overnight), May 22-26 (onsite training)
Camp: Monday – Friday (dates coming soon)